Quark-Elec A028 AIS receiver - GPS - NMEA 2000
The A028 combines dual channel AIS and GPS Data and provides your data through NMEA 2000 and NMEA 0183 simultaneously.
Simply plug and play with your NMEA 2000 network, for the ultimate convenience and flexibility, no configuration required.
3 simultaneous data output connections:
- NMEA 2000 network connection to your N2K backbone will provide AIS and GPS data to your complete N2K network, chart plotter, radio and other connected devices and instruments. (including informing your navigation software for plotting way-points and collision avoidance.)
- NMEA 0183 RS422 output
- USB output to a laptop of your choice (or USB OTG tablet or phone)
The advantage of an integrated GPS is that you can see, not only where other ships are, but crucially where you are in comparison with them and the coastline.
The ideal AIS and GPS multiplexer for your convenience.
- Compact dual channel AIS receiver
- Multiplexer: combines AIS and GPS
- View your AIS data and location through NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183 in RS422 and USB simultaneously if desired.
- AIS range: up to 20 nautical miles
- Compatible with Chart plotters and other AIS/GPS receiving devices and instruments, Windows, Mac OS X, Linux systems and USB OTG tablets and chart plotters.
- Two independent receivers monitor AIS channels (161.975MHz &162.025MHz) and decode both channels simultaneously
- Combines AIS and GPS messages, and outputs as a seamless stream of data
- Sensitivity down to -105 dBm@30% PER
- AIS reception range: up to 20 nautical miles
- BNC connector for 50 Ohm VHF antenna
- Built-in GPS module to provide positional data (simply connect a GPS antenna)
- Powered SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna
- NMEA 2000 (N2K) output
- NMEA 0183 RS422 message output – baud rate 38400bps (also connects to NMEA 0183 RS232 when used with the Quark-elec Protocol Bridge (AS03)
- Additional NMEA 0183 output through USB OTG
- Plug & play connectivity with chart plotters and PCs
- Compatible with Windows XP,7,8,10,Mac OS X, Linux systems
- 1 x QK-A028 with NMEA 2000 connection cable
- 1 x NMEA 0183 RS422 connection cable
- 1 x USB cable
- Protective cover/insert for NMEA 0183 and USB, protects the connections when not in use.
- 1 x CD containing Manual (and driver software for some Windows PCs)
- 1 x Setup Guidebook